All the festivities are done, and I just made my favorite (healthy) cookies. Both of these things make me happy.
The last week:
- Christmas Eve with the Gentzsch clan, totaling 25. It was a good night, pretty mellow and easy.
- Christmas Day dinner with friends of the family, totaling 13. Good food, easy again.
- Day after Christmas dinner with the immediate step-family and spouses, totaling 11. Stressful, nearing disaster proportions. I was not pleasant.
- New Year’s Eve dinner with Dad, Terri, friends of their’s and friends of mine. Awesome! So much laughter.
- New Year’s Eve party with people from high school. Good.
- New Year’s Day gathering with Terri’s family, totaling somewhere around 50… with at least 15 under the age of 8. This was good. It was large enough that I could find one or two people to talk to at any one time.
It’s been nice to see family and friends, but I remember why I don’t usually come home for Christmas – it’s exhausting!